Discovery Days 2024
February 20-22, 2024
Co-hosted by Chesterton Academy of the Holy Family
5205 Kingston Ave, Lisle, IL 60532
Training for New School Start-Ups
Looking to open a Chesterton Academy in your community in the fall of 2025? Your first step is to apply to join a Cohort of start-up teams with the same vision and timeline!
Once your application is approved, you’ll receive official acceptance in the Cohort and an invitation to register for Discovery Days, hosted by Chesterton Academy of The Holy Family in the western suburbs of Chicago.
Discovery Days is a highlight of the 18 month Cohort process. The conference features valuable in-depth coaching and training, plus an opportunity to experience one of our flagship schools. The agenda covers all aspects of school start-up activities, including legal, accounting, business planning, marketing, promotion, and fundraising. You’ll also receive an introduction to our apostolate and get to know our patron, G.K. Chesterton.
Start-up groups who have been accepted into Cohort 2025 are eligible to attend Discovery Days. Schools enrolled in Cohort 2024 may also elect to send representatives for additional coaching and training.
How do we apply for Cohort 2025?
Click on the button below to apply for Cohort 2025. You’ll be required to provide the following information:
Key contact information for your start-up group
Proposed school information, including location, name, and a market need statement
Short bios of your start-up team members
Review and acceptance of criteria for CSN membership
Once you have submitted your application for Cohort 2025, we will respond within two business days with an official acceptance or request for additional information.
THE DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR COHORT 2025 HAS PASSED. Please contact the CSN staff with any questions.
Plan Ahead for Discovery Days
Upon acceptance, you’ll receive a link to register for Discovery Days. Here are key details as you plan ahead.
HOTEL AND REGISTRATION
Registration fee for Discovery Days is $375 per person and includes all conference materials plus meals including two breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners.
Upon acceptance to Cohort 2025, you’ll receive an invitation to register for Discovery Days.
You’ll also receive a link to book your rooms at the Doubletree by Hilton Lisle-Naperville (3003 Corporate West Drive, Lisle, IL), just a short drive from Chesterton Academy of The Holy Family. We’re able to offer a discounted group rate for the hotel rooms for $116 per night (King and Double Bed options).
Note: There is no shuttle service provided by the hotel to or from the airport or the school.
Day One - Tuesday, February 20
- 3:00PM - Registration and hotel check-in, DoubleTree by Hilton Lisle-Naperville
- 5:30PM - Welcome and opening dinner
Day Two - Wednesday, February 21
- 8:00AM - 4:30PM - Training takes place at Chesterton Academy of The Holy Family; includes school tours, meals, Mass, and Rosary
- 5:00PM - Group dinner
Day Three - Thursday, February 22
- 8:00AM - 2:15PM - Training continues at Chesterton Academy of The Holy Family; includes meals and Mass
Operational Framework and Cohort Monthly Milestones
- Review Cohort key monthly activities and milestones as you prepare to open your school in the fall of 2025.
- Gain access to the CSN accreditation platform (powered by Accreditrac) and learn about our process for ongoing continuous improvement.
- Explore our unique integrated, classical, Catholic high school education encompassing intellectual, spiritual, and character formation. Review daily lesson plan examples and learn about our pedagogical approach.
Tools and Templates
- An in-depth look at the business and marketing tools, templates, and programs we provide to support your school and strengthen the impact of our Network on the culture. Dive into our online platform, Chesterton.Online (powered by Teachable) and specialized graphic design resource, the Chesterton Hub on Canva.
Friendship, Fellowship and Support
- Get to know other start-up teams from around the country and receive instructions and training for communication with your Cohort through our dedicated channels on Slack.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to attend this conference to launch a Chesterton Academy?
Yes! All new schools must participate in the Cohort process to ensure a successful launch. At least one member of your team is required attend Discovery Days; we recommend as many members of your team attend as is possible.
Where should I stay?
We have a block of rooms reserved at the nearby DoubleTree Hotel.
What is included in the conference fee?
The conference fee includes all Discovery Day training, materials, and meals.
What is the dress code?
Do I need to bring anything?
The conference will feature valuable hands-on training. Please bring your laptop in order to access our technology platforms during the conference.
What is the cancellation policy?
A full refund, minus a $50 administrative fee, is available up until 14 days before the start of Discovery Days. We are unable to offer refunds after that time, barring extenuating circumstances.
If you have interest in starting a Chesterton Academy in your area and have not yet had a scheduled Zoom call with School Success Manager, Helen, please click the button below to start the process of discerning if the Chesterton model is right for you.